1) Using the resources provided to you reproduce the vocal intro of “Killing in the Name of” by Rage against the Machine.
- Use Mixcraft or Garageband
- Follow the procedure we have discussed to record a track.
- Ensure that there is no clipping or background noise
- Add a plugin to limit the frequency band to achieve the desired effect.
- Finished products must be uploaded onto the cloud in MP3 or wave format.
2) Increase the understand-ability of a spoken word recording.
- Go to http://www.freesound.org/
- login username: arpfhcs/password: arpfhcs
- Search white noise. Download the first sample on the list.
- Upload the sample to one track in Mixcraft.
- On another track record someone reciting a nursery rhyme. (baa baa black sheep, Mary had a little lamb, etc…)
- Save this and mix it down to mp3 (label it nursery rhyme flat)
- Upload the mp3 to the cloud
- Now you will eq the vocal track in the Mixcraft file to improve the understandability of speech.
- Refer to the lesson 4 handout to see what frequency(s) to boost or cut.
- Mixdown the new version as an mp3 (label it as nursery rhyme 3000)
- Upload this new mp3 to the cloud.