Everyone has different tastes in music. These tastes are often determined by our background, musical experiences, and what music we have access to. Our mood and current place in life can also affect our musical preferences. Your task is to choose one song that you would like to explore further and analyze.
Start by searching through your favorite songs and artists on YouTube, Myspace, your iPod, etc. Choose a song that resonates with you. Style is not important, but the song must contain lyrics. It must contain a positive tone and message.
- School appropriate song (if you aren’t sure what’s appropriate, ask Mr. Bezeau)
- At least 10 slide powerpoint
- Embed a youtube video of the song.
- Song lyrics
- Layout the song structure (i.e. verse, chorus, bridge…)
- What instruments do you hear?
- Why did you choose this song?
- How do you connect with the song?
- What is the message of the song?
- What is the feel/style of the music?
- Briefly describe the mood created by the music: Is it fast or slow? Is it loud or soft, or does it have variety?
- How would the songs meaning change if the genre changed (i.e. hip hop to country, Gin and Juice by Snoop Dog vs The Gourds or Hurt by NIN vs Johnny Cash)
modified from http://scasmusic.com/